Denmark: Former abducted child threatened for acting Danish

Denmark: Former abducted child threatened for acting Danish



Via BT (Danish, h/t uriasposten):

When she was 11, Nadia (now 17) had been abducted by her Palestinian father to Lebanon. Her Danish mother had turned to TV 2 for help and she featured on 'The Abducted Children' show. While in Lebanon she had been married off and had a child. She came back to Denmark with her husband about a year ago, and now she's divorced.

She says it's not easy becoming a normal Danish girl again. She's had big problems with several things, in particular Arabs who oppose her removing her headscarf.

Nadia had gotten repeated threats after she took off her headscarf and began to look and act like a Danish girl again.

"I've gotten threats of beatings because of my piercing, because I go out and because I've taken my headscarf off," says Nadia.

"For example, one time I was at a party, and several young Arabs came there and threatened to beat me. Luckily a friend of mine was there and said 'just try', and at the same time a police car came by, so nothing happened."

Since she's come home she's been living in her hometown of Korsør.