Italy: Terrorist arrested for mosque attacks

The Italian police have arrested a former left-wing militant and convicted him in connection with a series of attacks on mosques in the country.


Police arrested Roberto Sandalo, a former member of the terrorist group Prima Linea (Front Line) as part of an investigation into a series of attacks on mosques and Islamic cultural centers in northern Italy.


Sandalo was taken into custody after the police found weapons, petrol bombs and other explosive materials during a raid on his house on Thursday, Reuters reported.


Sandalo had been under surveillance since police spotted him writing "Stop Islam" on a wall in a northern town and giving out a mobile phone number to possible recruits.


The 50-year-old faces a number of charges including arson and illegal explosives possession, officials said.


The most recent attack on a Muslim target in the last two years around Milan involved two cars and a van which were set on fire last Wednesday near an Islamic school and cultural centre.



Source: Press TV (English)

See also: Milan: Mosque attacked

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear all,
I have written a post in my Blog some updates about this case and some comments. You are very welcomed to leave your viewpoint.
Best wishes
Gabriele

Anonymous said...

a former 'left-wing militant'?

How inconvenient! That won't fit the news media and politicans narrative at all.

Dag said...

I suffered through at least half of Marranci's post. It won't wash. This Islamic apologist wishes to and tries hard to claim that an old Communist turned Christian is doing something at least as horrible as the terrorism of the average jihadi and doing so because he's a Christian. Marranci isn't betraying a fundamental lack of understanding of Christianity so much as he's deliberately defying reality in favor of claiming a false moral equivalence and a right to sympathy as a victim.

Claiming Christian belief as justification and motive for attacking Muslims doesn't make it a Christian act, nor does it mean anything at all in particular. Unsurprisingly, a Communist killer turn Christian wants to keep on killing. That's all it's worth, in spite of Marrnaci's smarmy attempt to smear Christians. If I were a Christian I'd be pretty offended by it all. As one who doesn't like dishonest arguments from anyone I'm offended without being Christian.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dag,

You wrote "I suffered through at least half of Marranci's post."

and then you wrote you concluded "If I were a Christian I'd be pretty offended by it all. As one who doesn't like dishonest arguments from anyone I'm offended without being Christian".
The reason? you even did not read my post! You assume that I "smear Christians".

For a Religious Studies scholar working in a Divinity department (with the majority of my friends and colleagues being committed Christians and theologians) I may say that if would be a quite a contradiction to 'smear Christians'.

If you even read how I finished my post and also the picture that I have selected I am curious to see how you justify your criticism; please quote my 'smearing points'. Where are they?

Yet I suppose that I cannot expect very much from somebody whom can read only half articles.

In any case I totally agree with you about this point

"Claiming Christian belief as justification and motive for attacking Muslims doesn't make it a Christian act"

Surely you are right; yet are you ready to apply the same argument to the case of a Muslim terrorist? Or this it is a rule only for Christians?

With best wishes
Gabriele

Dag said...

"[A]re you ready to apply the same argument to the case of a Muslim terrorist?"

Regarding Islam, you are either grossly uniformed or dishonest. Yoou display a fundamental ignorance of the basics of orthodox Islam and Islamic history, or you show an utter disregard for facts and a disrespect for Islam as it is and for those outside who know it as it is.

Be offended if you will but there's not a speck of ad hominem above. To repeat: either you do not know Islam and don't care; or you do know Islam and don't care what nonsense you write here.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dag,

thank you for your kind reply. I am not offended at all.

As far as my credential of 'knowing' Islam is concerned, you are free to check here and here

Please can I have yours?

Best wishes
Gabriele