Malmö: Mother suspects honor murder

The mother of the 16-year-old Malmö girl who died a week ago Sunday after falling from a balcony says her daughter was the victim of an honour killing.


In an interview on the newsmagazine program Aktuellt, the girl's mother explained that she long had concerns about her 19-year-old son, who has been in custody on suspicion of murder since last Wednesday, along with the girl's 38-year-old stepfather.


"I had contacted both social services and the school several times about the problems with my son, the girl's brother," the mother said to Aktuellt.


"But they told me my son was my problem."


The night of the incident, witnesses reported hearing a heated argument from the fourth floor apartment and seeing the girl standing on the balcony with her back toward the railing.


Suddenly, the girl went backwards over the balcony and fell to the ground, dying instantly.


"I couldn't control my son's anger. He demanded that she attend to him all the time. Despite my talks with the school about the problem, my son and my daughter were placed in the same school," the mother said.


"There he watched over her constantly. She wasn't allowed to leave the classroom with other students and she wasn't allowed to laugh."


Prosecutors expect to file official charges in the case on February 20th.



Source: The Local (English)

See also: Malmö: Girl killed, honor murder suspectedMalmö: Girl killed, honor murder suspected

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Islam is the most diabolical religion that has ever existed. Imagine a relgion that does not allow Muslims to laugh especially in public. This isn't the first time I have read about this. It happens especially in Muslim countries. It would have been better if the pedophile, false prophet Muhammad had never been born. Evil Muhammad's relgion has brought more hatred, pain, cruelty, death and destruction in the 1,400 years of its existence than any tyrant, including Adolph Hitler.

Anonymous said...

This case shows some of the signs of being a dishonor killing, but I would need to know more to make an assessment.

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"