Belgium: Wife of murder-terrorist suspect denies connection to murders

The wife of Abdelkader Belliraj, the Belgian-Moroccan resident of Evergem who was the leader of a terrorist network dismantled in Morocco, has nothing to do with the six murders her husband is suspected of, says the family's lawyer, Abderrahim Lahlali. The lawyer can only conclude through the media that Abdelkader Belliraj had confessed, but he's waiting for the results of a rogatory committee to Morocco.

Abdelkader Belliraj is suspected by the Moroccan government of having committed six murders in Belgium in 1986-1989. "My clients have been together since 1991. I stress that his wife therefore certainly has nothing to do with the allegations of the events of the late 80s. I can't speak yet about the other accusations against her husband. I haven't been able to see yet any files, but I understand that a rogatory committee will be sent to Morocco. I can just conclude from the reports of the press that Mr. Belliraj had confessed, but I have no further information about it," says Lahlali.

Abdelkader Belliraj's wife is most concerned about the welfare of her three minor children, according to the lawyer. The children go to school in Evergem and Mrs. Belliraj asks the media to leave them in peace.

Source: HLN (Dutch)

See also: Belgium: Terrorist leader committed six murders

No comments: