Almere: Complaint against PVV for discrimination and inciting hatred

Almere: Complaint against PVV for discrimination and inciting hatred

Ayse Bayrak-de Jager, a Muslim woman from Almere, lodged a complaint against local PVV leader Raymond de Roon for discrimination and inciting hatred.  "My headscarf is part of my identity, and I'll certainly won't take it off."

The PVV wants to ban headscarves in the municipality building and subsidizes institutes.  Bayrak-de Jager:  "I've become a Muslim and I chose on my own to wear a headscarf."  The Muslim woman says she'll continue doing so.  "I'll only let one man undress me that and that's my husband."

It's unclear if there would be such a headscarf ban.  De Roon stopped the coalition discussions last week, because no other political fraction wanted to support the PVV on this point.

Source: Telegraaf (Dutch)

No comments: