Netherlands: 'Muslims victims of racism'

Former minister of Internal Affairs Ed van Thijn warned of racism in society Sunday.  Muslims in particular are victims of it, according to him.  He sid this in Amsterdam during a Kristallnacht  memorial ceremony, marking 70 years to the event.

"Expressions of hate against Muslims are, also in parliament, the order of the day," according to Van Thijn.  "You can't demonize the right-wing radicals in this country, even if they do it themselves.  You can't really use the term racism, because incitement against Muslims is something else completely."

He called Geert Wilders' movie Fitna, "stigmatizing and inciting."

Former parliament member Mohamed Rabbae also spoke against "the extreme-right hooligans in parliament".  "Racist extreme right is the decay of society."

Van Thijn en Rabbae spoke in a meeting of the "Nederland Bekent Kleur" association (Netherlands Recognizes Color).

Source: NIO (Dutch)

3 comments:

Tony V. Hammack said...

I am totally apposed to racism. I believe people should be judged by their individual actions taking into consideration their background. Actions however are the way that everyone is judged irregardless of their background. I'd like to share with you that I belive the Jesus is the Son of God, born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. I believe that Jesus made distinct claims to diety while he walked on the Earth that is further backed up by the writings of the early Apostles. I also wanted to share with you that Jesus Christ promised that he would come back to the Earth to rule and reign for 1000 years. He also declared in John 14:6 that no one can get to his heavenly Father unless they go through him. God bless you for reading my comment and I hope it is significant to you.

joe six-pack said...

I was unaware that being Muslim had anything to do with race. Of course, discrimination against anyone based upon religion is wrong. The exception that I make here is that Islam is far, far more than a religion. I really don't give a damn about the religion. I DO care a great deal about Islamic law and how it impacts 'infidels', Apostates and women.

Iftikhar Ahmad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.