Rotterdam: Labor Party representative wishes city would be openly Muslim

Arie Broere, a non-Muslim local politician in Rotterdam, serving on the Hoogvliet neighborhood council, wrote a letter published in AD, January 26th:

I don't agree with the notion that labor party neighborhood councillor Bouchra Ismaili slipped up twice by sending hate-mail and signing a petition of the Hizb ut-Tahrir movement. Though Rotterdam is a port city, the Netherlands is continuously busy with apartheid. When I applied to the Labor Party, I expressed my hope that the Euromast, built in my youth, would be considered a minaret. Then it would be possible to publicly pray in the park where I had learned to skate.

Source: Het Vrije Volk (Dutch)

See also: Rotterdam: Politician signs Hizb ut-Tahrir petition, but stays anyway, Rotterdam: An email to a devil worshiper

No comments: